Tuesday 14 March 2017

The Gate meets Alan Courtis, 08.03.17.

Leon - I met Alan Courtis on Tuesday and I said hello. We started with taps round the chair and finger pointing and loud and soft then we started to play with him and it sounded really good. It would be nice if he could come again to do some more stuff. He's really good making sounds from instruments everywhere in the room. I was sitting on the chair watching a film before we came on it was good picture they show other films then I was cracking a story after the film. I sat with the others and listened to what he had to say and I looked back at the screen and they were playing good music on the film. It was good from the start. Oh yeah, Alan played as well right at the back on different instruments but we had to slow down and back fast we had to take turns round the room. I had to wait for a bit but I looked everywhere just in case it comes back there then it came but the whole thing was great. THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS GIG AND THANKS TO ALAN FOR COMING PLEASE COME BACK IT BE NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN. CHEERS MATE.

Labake - Alan Courtis came to the gate and showed us how to play great music and we had a great time and we learnt haw to play different instruments it was great, everyone had fun  it was fantastic, everyone played something. I enjoyed playing the drums something I've never done and now music is is all I think about, I write and sing my own songs and I did what i do best, I sang.
Jason - Alan was a pretty cool guy, I'd like him to come again. I liked the talk he gave about people with disabilities because he showed pictures of people with learning disabilities playing music.

Kashan - It was very nice music. Alan was very good.


And here's our radio show featuring music from the show and interviews with Alan and various audience members -